Friday, June 5, 2015

The Story Behind The Business

At TheCity.Guide, our passion is to guide people to unexpected places using technology to bridge the gap between you and hidden places that you would treasure.. 

So you ask, why did I create TheCity.Guide? Well let me give you a little background.

Growing up, my family moved around quite a bit and every time we relocated I had to go explore the local woods, local parks and various other places. I would always try my best to ask the local youth, remember I’m a kid at this time, where to go to have fun. 

Fast-forward a few years to my adolescence, and I begin to realize that my family’s business, which has been creating guides for metropolitan cities, could potentially solve my childhood problems. I thought to myself, why not just make our guide bigger, more encompassing and with better descriptions? The problem was that we had deadlines on the print guides my family created. Pages had to be designed, built and printed in a timely fashion and once printed, there was no option for revisions.

I finally decided to take the problem I faced as a child, along with the business my family was successful with, and created a new solution called TheCity.Guide. A crowd-sourced website where the public can add and edit local places to go. Regardless if the place was a business or just a place on this planet, I want our visitors to be able to find it. A guide that is never complete, but always open for revision and renovation. 

We have created the tool to help people find all the places in this world that they enjoy because let’s be honest, somewhere deep down inside of all of us, is that kid trying to explore, experience and enjoy the world around them. 

So please take a moment to explore all the treasures found within TheCity.Guide and take a moment to contribute a place of your own that you want to share with your community and the world. We truly appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Zachary Schwartz
Founder & CEO, TheCity.Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment